No reflection today.
I’ll keep these short and I’ll siphon my extra time into making this blog more accessible. I want my code and the staged games to be easier to see so you can see my progress at a glance.
- 22 minutes, 1 second
- Git Commit
- Finished pong tutorial
- Demo here
- Very quick way to record keystrokes to control the paddle
- How to update info during a game loop and render the result
- Better idea of how to use requestAnimationFrame in real world
- Collision detection (paddle and ball)
- Very simple game AI for the opponent’s paddle
That VR meetup inspired me to look into Unity a little bit. The first immediate step I need to do is buy a new PC laptop.
I had this idea of making a Vape Nation game for the Vive 😛 A game involving smoke graphics and physics sounds pretty awesome. Maybe a puzzle game?
One thought on “Respite (Day 17)”
[…] Pong Clone Day 17 […]