Had a really fun weekend in San Diego. Caught up with old friends, crossed the border for the second time in my life, had excellent sushi omakase, went to a vape shop for the first time (sweet milky flavors are delicious), did some climbing, watched a great movie called Kubo. Overall, an excellent experience. Now to rest.
I was really tired yesterday so I skipped a day. I’ll put in 40 today to make up for it.
Started Unity today! Quick video.
- 1 hour, 4 minutes, 32 seconds
- Git Commit
- Started a Unity tutorial (long-term goal: make a VR game)
- Unity is ridiculously powerful. It comes built-in with game preview, object creation, physics and scripting. I’m really gonna enjoy this.
- Shortcuts learned
- F: focus on current object
- Alt+right click (drag): rotate view around object
- Cmd+click (drag): move object while remaining anchored to surface
- Cmd+’: open documentation for that Unity class
- Basic physics. Move ball with arrow keys.
- How to set up 3rd-person camera
- Public variables are editable through Unity itself!
- How each tab in Unity works
- Quick video of tutorial game
- How to create a QuickTime video