Worked through three things from the Picozine today.
Code – Today I learned Lua’s array indexes start at 1. It feels so wrong. *shudder*
This tutorial’s code is complicated, but I parsed it and it makes sense. It moves sprites around the screen.
Sprites – Started recreating the tutorial sprites. Much easier after doing the Megaman sprites in an earlier project. 🙂
Map – Began building the game map by arranging sprites on the screen. Interesting grid system. Simple, but not used to it.
Detour! When I started this blog, I wanted the results of each day to be playable by the audience. I will spend some time over the next few days looking into doing/automating this.
Tomorrow: Continue tutorial and look into playable commit idea.